In Reality

A work in progress...surely you will see lots about chickens but the story expands quickly :)

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Road Trip!

Who doesn't get excited about a Road Trip? Well, I am so completely excited about this road trip I can hardly type slow enough to make sense let alone spell the words right.  Thank you spell check :)  

I have a bucket list.  On this bucket list is an experience I hope to check off during this road trip. We are traveling to South Dakota.  Any guesses as to what the experience is?  Could it be Mount Rushmore?  Surely the carving of our great Presidents is a sight to behold by any American? Nope. Not it.  Perhaps it is the Beautiful Black Hills, home of Black Hills Gold.  Such beautiful jewelry, delicate, sparkly. mmmm  Nope.  Not it.  I know, I know you must be thinking it is a trip to the Missouri river to fish because I have always wanted to catch a Walleye and they are bountiful there.  That has to be it right???
Riii..Wrong.  Not it.

The reason I am traveling to South Dakota is quite simple.  I am a self appointed connoisseur of the "Twist Cone". You would think this is a simple thing, however many servers simply can't manage to pull off the simple twist and you end up with blobs of vanilla and chocolate ice cream on your cone.  That is not twisted.  In an effort to find a place with an authentic twist cone I came across a place in Aberdeen, SD.  
"The Twist Cone"
With a name like that it has to know how to twist a cone right?  Well, I have to have faith that it does :)  So we are renting an RV and picking up Kira and off we go to The Twist Cone.  One our way in and out of the state we are going to see some fabulous sights and even meet up with a fellow breast cancer sister in Sioux Falls.  We will be teaching Kira to fish, showing her camping the easy way with the grandparents.  Playing cards, cooking, making smores all kinds of fun stuff including a lot of driving.  It will be a whirlwind trip but a very important one.  Our pups are coming along because they too need adventure in their little lives.  I will actually be checking two items off my bucket list.  1. Traveling with family in an RV with our pups. 2. A genuine twist cone.  I am sure to check off number one.  We'll see about number two...

I'll be taking you along with us along our trip as Al gave me a new camera for Mother's Day.  Today will be a day full of packing.  This packing I do not dread!  I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment